Photo credit: Todo-Juanjo / Foter / CC BY-NC-ND
If you want to learn how to buy a camper online, please look at our buying a camper guide.
Advantages of Buying a Camper Online:
- The biggest advantage is having all the options right in front of you. Being able to look at multiple dealerships and private sellers all together at the same time allows you to compare your options easily. Also, in person you will never get to look at so many options before making a purchase.
You avoid any pressure from sales people and show rooms. You can shop at you own pace on your own time.
- Ease of information. If you have questions about the camper you can quickly look up the answer from an outside source.
- No business hours. No traveling. Driving to dealerships can be really time consuming and depending on your work hours, it can be near impossible.
- If you buying a new camper, manufacturer websites allow to to customize easily.
- The coffee is better at your house.
Disadvantages of Buying a Camper Online:
- The location of the camper may be far away and require delivery.
- Sometimes dealerships don’t let you complete the purchase without actually coming down to the dealership
- No matter what, you are going to want to inspect the camper and have your own mechanic look at it (unless it’s a trailer of course).
- For some people there is some comfort in getting to know the previous owner of your camper. It’s hard to really trust someone without looking them in the eye first.
- No free show room coffee
Search Small Campers on eBay.com
You may also want to check out: Buying a camper guide, essential questions to ask an RV Dealer and these simple tips to avoid getting ripped off.